About Me

Wednesday 30 October 2013

Being a good friend

Yesterday I was to tired to blog my house felt a bit like a cafe. Some of my friends were without power and as I had power I suggested they pop over for various bits and peices. One friend came and used my cooker for various apple products and sauces she was worried that her windfall apples would go to waste so there I was helping to sterilise jars and help make apple jelly and apple sauce this took most of the day and she went away with nearly 30 jars of apple based products as well as 4 apple pies. Another friend came to use the shower and bath whilst her two boys watched television. Some just came for a cup of tea and chat. Whilst another friend came to use the washing machine I'm surprised my electricity didn't cut out from the amount of use it had. I also helped my neighbour put her fence up which has now got posts that are concreted in so hopefully won't be going anywhere soon. 

Today I have been doing a mountain of house work and tided Little Miss and Little M rooms and tried to sort out my herb garden which was destroyed by the fence blowing over and the neighbour standing on it to put the fence back up. 

This afternoon we carved the pumpkins nothing spectacular just a simple design ready for tomorrow. I'm not a great fan of Halloween especially when you get teenagers knocking on the door dressed in a black bin bag demanding sweets or money. I will take my two out but only knock on the doors of friends and neighbours who are particating. Other than that we will be back indoors tucked up in the warm from 6.30. 


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like being a good friend culminated in rather a tiring day - but glad that there are people like you about - the world is a better place for it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly are a good neighbour. I am sure they appreciate what you have done. But the apple processing really was asking a lot of you!
    Gill

    ReplyDelete