About Me

Sunday 16 February 2014

I have finally given in!

About 15 years ago my Husband and I though we were not married at the time actually I think we had only been together about 2 years went on a skiing trip to Switzerland with some friends of his from school. I'm not one for heights and have never flown before so was nervous to start with. I did have a few lessons at the dry ski slope they went ok they could have been better and I'm sure they could have gone a lot worse! 

I actually loved the skiing I'm no natrual at it which dissapoints me as I'm naturally sporty and very competitive but I have no coordination at all I had some spectacular falls and took a few people out (sorry) the OH however took to it like a duck to water so while I was pottering about on the nursery slopes they were off doing goodness knows what. But at the end of the day I enjoyed it and it hasn't put me off as we are going again. 

I have used every possible excuse from the children are to little we can't afford it we need this doing we need that doing and now I have run out of excuses. The children are desperate to go and even have their first lesson at the ski slope on Thursday.

It will be a family holiday going to France we have spent many hours looking at various resorts to my list of specifications from family friendly ski in ski out so we don't have to catch lifts to the slopes. We have narrowed it down to two resorts and are looking to be away for new year which will be magical. 

My husband loves his spreadsheets and had produced one so we can compare costs and we have learnt it is so much cheaper to book it all separately than go with a package though we can't book it all yet as the this current season is still in full swing and some accomadation is unavailable to reserve yet and we want to make sure the children love it I'm sure they will. 

So after years of saying no I have finally relented to go on my husbands favourite holiday. 

Well at least if I don't stay upright I can at least enjoy the après ski. 


4 comments:

  1. Very exciting, are you watching and learning from the Olympics?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are I'm looking forward to it though having panics about the children falling over the side of the mountain! Husband assures me they won't. I love the snow and cold and we are not one for really hot holidays sitting by the pool we would get board. Living in Suffolk means we can spend summer at the beach and in my garden which is so wet I have no idea where to start.

      Delete
  2. I have always wanted to try Skiing! One day when the littles are not so little. Have great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My biggest concern is the children I hope they like it which I'm sure they will.

    ReplyDelete