About Me

Wednesday 3 September 2014

Always changing and decorating

I don't know about anyone else but I'm always changing and do some sort of decorating. Four years ago we did an extension turning our little two up two down into a three up three down. It was huge job which we saved every penny for and looking back with a young daughter and toddler at home I don't know how we did it. A project the builders said would take three months ended up taking seven and they finally left a week before Christmas.

Well most of the house is still looking good but a room which was our old lounge has been a playroom but now it's the dining room making my kitchen more spacious so it's time for a over hall. Tomorrow the floors are being screened ready for some new wood effect (very expensive) vinyl flooring to go down which will run through to the kitchen.

We have completely change the colour on the walls from a beige called lunch to a green called cooking apple green. I choose this to bring out the green in my blinds.





It's a lot lighter than the picture shows and it changes with the light.

The kitchen also needed doing I have painted kitchen cupboard doors in a old white so I opted for Pavillion Grey on the walls it's very calming and bright.





That was the first coat hence why it's a bit streaky.

Today I have been clearing out the rooms and we now are in the lounge surrounded by boxes and furniture it's only for a couple of days so I can cope with that.

It's the end of the summer holidays and I'm really sad to see the children go back to school we have had great fun this summer but I'm ready to embrace Autumn and hoping for snow this winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment