About Me

Wednesday 18 September 2013

Autumn

I love Autumn probably more than any other season. I love the deep red browns and the crisp mornings. Most of all I love the abundance of fruit that is avalible from Apples, english plums and of course the hedgerows that are covered in blackberries.






I find cooking in the colder months much better as I love making crumbles, soups and one pot dishes that can slowley cook away in the oven for hours. this also makes it easier when rushing around taking children to clubs and the various afterschool activities they attend.

Our weekend was spent walking around near our house armed with a bag looking for conkers. However we are still abit early yet as when you break open the shells instead of shiny brown conkers they are still soft and white though it does give us an excuse to go conker finding again.




1 comment:

  1. I've just picked what I guess is the last of our Blackberries. The bushes line our drive and tempt me each time I drive out, so it had to be done.

    One more crumble for tea tonight and then all we have left is the couple of kilos already picked and tucked in the freezer. It's been a good year for hedgerow berries this year.

    Shame about the conkers, but the children will be excited to go back hunting for more. I think everything is a little bit late this year after the wet Winter and cold Spring.

    ReplyDelete