About Me

Thursday 19 September 2013

Growing up to fast!


This morning my little girl decided to say that the big FC (to early to say his name) does not exist! Where has this come from she is nearly 9 and is growing up so fast even though I am trying to keep her as young as possible.  

It all started because of a toy catalouge which my daughter and son have been reading from cover to cover with lots of "I wants" and me correcting them saying "I would like". My son found a certain piece of Lego with a price tag that would almost be a fortnights worth of shopping let alone nearly 4000 peices of grey bricks. Its just not going to happen.  So explaning that FC does not bring big toys like that my daughter in full DIVA mode annonced he doesn't exsist and I just dont want to buy it. 

I try not to spoil the children and they do have to earn their pocket money We are not talking sweatshop here  but they do need to  help with small chores mainly picking up shoes and keeping bedrooms reasonably tidy and if they really want something they can save for it.  It does seem now a days they are influnecd alot from Tvs and internet which I try to limit and it makes me sad that at 9 my daughter feels thats she is to old to play with toys. 

So the dilemma is what will FC bring them this year!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely to find another Suffolk Blogger. Welcome to blogland. The father C thing is a problem at 9 - all their friends will laugh if they say they believe, but they still WANT to believe! We always said we gave a big pressie and Father C only gave little ones. At age 7 and 6 they had a baby sister so they were able to go on "believing" until the little one was about 8.

    ReplyDelete