About Me

Sunday 27 October 2013

A quiet Sunday

IToday saw us rise a little later than normal possibly due to the clocks going back or the fact that both children woke in the night they do that every so often with no Rhyme or reason. It's been a relaxing Sunday with cooking roast beef and syrup sponge followed by a walk in bright sunshine kicking the leaves that are littered everywhere.  

Having returned home Mr M settled himself in front of the football and Little Miss and Little M decided to play lego. With everyone settled I decided to have a go at finishing a quilt I'm making for little miss. I'm not crafter and am teaching myself via books and the Internet. It has many problems and still isn't finished it needs binding sewn around the outside but I have enjoyed doing it as a very first project and has helped me get used to my machine which I was petrified of using at first and sat in its box for about six months. I have been collecting bits of fabric and have a small collection I'm making a couple of presents for family for Christmas now I feel a bit more confident with my sewing.

Well everything in the garden  has been put away safe incase this storm is as strong as people are saying. Stay safe and back tomorrow.




1 comment:

  1. Your quilt is looking lovely, I always think a few mistakes here and there on a handmade project just adds to its character as long as they're not huge mistakes of course ;-)

    ReplyDelete