About Me

Saturday 16 November 2013

A Ramble Around The Forest.

It has been a lovely family day today. Starting with tennis lessons at 8.30 this morning. It's an extra activity and as sports in school does not seem very important in schools anymore we try to encourage the children to do things outside of school this was followed by a cooked breakfast. 

This afternoon we took a ramble around the UFO trail in Rendlesham Forest. It's a 3 mile walk through heavenly scented pines with a few beech and oak trees. The storms we had a couple of weeks ago were still very evident in the amount of fallen trees. It's a good trail with posts telling you which way  to go which the children love following. I'm not sure I believe a UFO ever landed in 1980 but it still a much debated topic in Suffolk. 

Once home I thought it was best to cook the Christmas cake as the fruit has been soaking in brandy for 4 days the cake is still in the oven with another 45 minutes to go at least it does smell delicious. I'm just planning my colour scheme this year for the wrapping I'm liking the brown paper look or the music sheet look I will probably go for neither and stick to the traditional red,green and gold. 






1 comment:

  1. Hello, I'm glad I've discovered your blog. I was interested to read about impact of the storms on Rendlesham Forest. I was there on a foraging course back in May but I didn't know about the UFO trail. Fascinating!
    I must begin the Christmas cake here too. Christmas is coming up very fast.

    ReplyDelete