About Me

Thursday 14 November 2013

The big developers

We are a very sporty family and we particularly love cricket. I used to be a cricket scorer at the local cricket club and that is where I met my husband cliche I know 15 years later we still love cricket Mr M still plays every Saturday during the season, I'm now training as a coach and my little boy also plays. We also love watching England play and I have been to Lords to see them play so you could say we are a cricket mad.

Our little club which has been around for over 100 years has come under threat from the developers who wish to build houses adjacent to our ground with two houses very close to the boundary. This posses a health and safety issue with stray cricket balls. Which could see potential law suits for injury and damage.  Their solution buy the cricket ground ( we only lease it) kick the club off build more houses. With a little bit of work  behind the scenes and creating a fuss in the local paper they have backed down.They still want to build houses but not as close we don't and the village don't want them to build at all.They have announced they have no interest in buying our land!  but there is a but YET.  

The developers have been refused planning permission as it's also on historic parkland it's now going to the high court so it's a waiting game to see what happens. I know we won't go with out a fight though. 


No comments:

Post a Comment