About Me

Saturday 28 December 2013

A muddy castle walk.

It's been a lovely if slightly cold day today. I did get some washing on the line and almost dry just a small finish off on the airer. We took a walk around the castle and mere today, decked out in Wellies which were needed as it was very muddy fortunately no one came home completely covered in mud which is unusual for the youngest member who always seems to come back wet or rather muddy. 

I feel rather pleased with myself as I haven't been to a shop since last Friday and going through the cupboards and fridge I have planned our meals until at least next Thursday as I'm trying to get in the habit of shopping smarter and using up what we have in the house first. The one thing I find living in a small town it is all to convienient to just pop to the shops when you have forgotten or fancy something diffrent for dinner. Also I'm sure sometimes it's a bit of boredom I'm hoping to keep up with the planning and being much more organised in 2014 also. 

Tomorrow will be a quiet day with a roast for lunch I need the carcass to make soup for the week and I also have the bone left from the ham so going to look up recipes for turning that into something also. 


 




2 comments:

  1. Managed to get some washing dried on the line here too today. Hurray! You don't say which castle you visited
    |Gill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Framlingham? One of my favourite places to visit.

    I've been able to get away with 'mini weekly shops' which has been rather nice.

    Oh, reading back some of your posts. I'm a stay at home mum too, and I always have to fend off 'what do you do all day' questions, just because I 'only' have one child. Which apparently means you don't have any extra laundry/cooking to do/tidying to do/or answering back etc. I love the way people judge me. It's so stupid! They know nothing about me, what I do, and that's the way it is staying. I refuse to justify myself or life to anyone at all, and I think jealousy does come into it. It irritates people if you don't have the same issues as them (like the worry when kids are sick & you need time off, or organising someone to look after them in summer hols). Unless they are paying our bills, they can keep their beaks out of my business!

    In my view, making a cosy, happy home, is one of the best things to do.

    So I understand completely where you are coming from.

    Wishing you all the best for 2014.
    :O)

    ReplyDelete