About Me

Thursday 26 December 2013

Christmas and looking to the New Year

It's been a really lovely Christmas spent with my family which is how it should be. We haven't overspent and all present given and received have been appreciated. We have been for walks around country lanes looking at Venus and Jupiter through Little M new telescope which as been facinating. Playing 7, go fish and donkey with the cards.  It all quietens down now with just us four spending some much needed time together. 

We don't really do anything for New Years Eve we have always thought it a bit hyped up but I do look forward to the New Year we have some decorating to do and we would like to invest in some new furniture in the dining room as the flat packed bits we bought over 10 years ago is looking very shabby and falling to bits. I'm also planning on where I can grow as much food as possible in the garden as I haven't been successful with an allotment this year. 

I also want to say a big thank you to all the blogs I follow I have learnt a lot especially from the Frugal Blogs I was a bit naive but have realised that Frugal doesn't mean missing out on things but shopping and living smarter everyone's tips,recepies have inspired us as a family to really look at our finances and look to bump up our savings and have really helped us see where we waste money not intentially but the one area that needs work is the grocery shopping so 2014 I'm really hoping to cut our monthly budget down and put the money we save away. 

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas. 

L
X   

1 comment:

  1. Frugal certainly doesn't mean 'missing out'; to me it means being sensible, and not wasting what we have. I would never classify myself as frugal, but even so I haven't bought any vegs for ages; they all come home-grown.

    As for the new year, I try to stay awake to watch Jools on tv.

    ReplyDelete