About Me

Saturday 14 December 2013

A winter walk and next years planning.

This morning we awoke to bright blue skies which was just perfect for a walk at the coast. I wanted to go for a run but I have trapped a nerve in my shoulder tobogganing at the beaver christmas party on Wednesday evening. Great fun was had by all including myself even if I did fall off many times. 


It was very peaceful this morning at Dunwich and didn't feel to cold we walked along the beach with the children filling their pockets with all sorts of treasures. Mr M and I used this time to talk about our plans for next year. We have a few projects to do such as redecorating the dining  room and  having new flooring down along with new flooring in the kitchen. We also would like a room/outside office in the garden. As we had a big holiday to Florida this year we have decided that next year we will do a few weekends away and holiday in the UK. 


On the way back from Dunwich  we called in to a farm shop and I was surprised at the cost of things and it also has an in house butchers.I don't often go in farm shops because the nearest one to me is very expensive. But we decided to buy a few things here.


A box of 28 Clementines £2.99

A pack of Two free range chickens frozen which doesn't matter as they will be put straight in freezer £7.49

Pack of mince steak Bogof £1.69


I'm not sure of the quality yet but if it's good we will probably make a journey once a month to fill up the freezer as this seems to be some of the cheaper deals around. 



1 comment:

  1. I'm not quite sure why a 'farm shop' would be selling Clementines, but no doubt they'd have an excuse. Two free range chooks for less than 4 quid each sounds like a bargain.

    ReplyDelete