About Me

Wednesday 26 March 2014

Family and Friends

It's been a while or 8 days to be precise from my last blog post. Nothing much has happened we have had illness Little M violin concerts Little Miss and my birthday (today actually) It's been a lovely day spending it with friends a family. I received many cards and presents which wasn't expected but rather nice. I'm out with friends on Friday for a get together.  

Other than that I have been adjusting to my new diet (not to lose weight though I could do with shifting a few lbs) but a new way of life I have just like my daughter coeliacs disease so I am now in the journey of cutting out anything containing gluten. It's not to bad as our main meal at dinner are nearly always gluten free but I'm struggling with breakfast as I would always have boiled or poached egg with granary bread. I know I could eat the gluten free alternative but one I begrudge paying £2.50 for a loaf of bread consisting of 10 slices and two you need a chemistry degree to understand half the ingredients. I would rather go with out. So I'm getting board of yogurt and fruit my daughter eats cornflakes or rice pops  which are naturally GF (waitrose essential) but I don't like them I can't eat porridge for 6 weeks so any ideas would be greatful. 

So that's what we have been upto I must make thus blog more interesting somehow. 


2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!
    How about a hot fruit salad, nicer than cold fruit for breakfast. Just chop some things up and pop in the microwave for 30 seconds. I'm using plums from the freezer, dried apricots and prunes at the moment.( my pears in the freezer ran out). I soak and cook enough apricots and prunes for a week then just heat up a bowlful each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated happy birthday to you :o)

    ReplyDelete