About Me

Tuesday 6 May 2014

Caught in the rain

This morning I popped to the allotment the jobs to do were plant  some seed potatoes, radishes, peas and carrots and to start to neaten the edges and stop the couch grass spreading. 

Well as soon as I arrived the heavens opened and without a shed (not allowed) to shelter in I stood under a tree hoping it was just rain and no claps of thunder (petrified of thunder) thankfully just rain. The tree didn't give much shelter I still got very wet. I soon dried off once the sun came out.

I planted two rows of main crop estima that now means I have one row of earlies, one row of second earlies and two of main crop.

I planted two rows of peas and two rows of carrots and two small rows of radishes. With enough space to add some more so I have a contentious supply over summer. 

I did make a start on the edges but only managed half of the work. 

Apart from that it's been a quiet day of housework, ironing school runs, ballet runs and cooking dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment