About Me

Monday 5 May 2014

Creating a little space.

I really should have spent the day at the allotment, I have potatoes to plant, bean supports to make and a million other things to do but I couldn't do them when my own garden at home needed a bit of TLC. My old veg bed looked over grown and neglected mainly as I didn't know what to do with it but after some thought I decided to make it into a seating area. 

The veg never really worked as it's in the shade a lot due to our fence. It gets the sun first thing in the morning but by 11.00 it's in the shade. Turning it over to grass doesn't work as it becomes to boggy so with some liner and a few bags of slate which we picked up yesterday I got to work and now I gave a little area that's not in a draught and it frees the patio up a bit. I'm looking forward to sitting down and reading a book whilst listening to the birds singing in the hedge. 

I have potted up  some sweet peas to grow up the trellis and I have a small table with a few pots on to add a bit of colour. 


I haven't neglected the allotment I was there yesterday putting together this box to keep my tools in as we are not allowed a shed or any structure that restricts the view.  I'm hoping to go down for a hour or two tomorrow if not I will probably spend most of Wednesday there. 



We finished the day with a impromptu BBQ cooking some burgers and sausages we got from the farm shop where we get our meat from ad yesterday we went a did a shop to fill the freezer. 




No comments:

Post a Comment