About Me

Sunday 25 May 2014

I haven't vanished.

I'm still here and have written many blog posts about day to day things but due to a technical hitch they were not being posted even though they looked like they were. 

So what have I been up to. Well things are growing well on the allotment including the weeds which seem to sprout up everywhere. I now have some sweetcorn and plenty of courgette plants to put in. All this rain and storms we have had means I haven't had to water but it also means I'm struggling to go down to the plot. The potatoes are looking good plenty of greenery and the onions are coming through. Though I must say the runner beans are looking a bit sick very leggy but not many leaves. The carrots are poking through along with the peas. I'm hoping to go up if the weather holds this week to get stuck in.

I have been busy sorting the loft and airing cupboard out as we are having a new boiler installed in a couple of weeks. Our little loft was packed with empty boxes for various toys which the majority have been put in the recycling and many thing were taken to the tip. However I still have two keepsake boxes full of little things from first shoes to blankets,christening cards and birthday cards to the all important first drawings and school reports. I don't tend to keep the cards now or school things when they come home though they do get time on the fridge,but those first few things are very precious. I also have a box full of baby clothes we have no plans to have anymore we are happy with our two with my youngest having turned 7 today which we celebrated with a BBQ and playing cricket in the park he has a small party in a couple of days and as a treat we are going to the snowdome ready for our first ski holiday in the winter. 

Mr M has had 3 away cricket matches cancelled but all home games luckily the weather has been good. We also went to the Carboot at Friday street  last weekend  and I picked up two wicker hanging baskets 50p for both and some plants which are all doing well in the garden. 







No comments:

Post a Comment