About Me

Tuesday 13 May 2014

I think I'm doomed

After the small greenhouse blowing down and losing all my dwarf beans I had planted. I went to check the runner beans in the other little greenhouse (I check them everyday all seemed fine) low and behold a snail has had a very lovely breakfast, lunch and dinner, he has munched nearly all 16 plants and just left the stems. Well I become part of the one-fifth  gardners who throw snails over the fence. (I'm sorry if this offends you) 

So two disasters in the garden so I have planted up some more and today I went to the allotment as didn't get there yesterday I didn't want to be out in the Thunderstorm I'm scared of them. I set up my bean frame using canes and also planted some sweet peas that I bought at the country market for £1.50 for 16 plants and a lovely wooden dibber for £3.00. I was complemented on how neat my plot looks and how nice my potatoes are growing knowing me they will be all leaf and nothing down below. A few plots potatoes have lots of brown leaves not sure what this is I thought it could be with the frost we had last week or the week befor but I'm probably wrong. 

Back tomorrow with a little something I found on the plot which used to be a Victorian dumping ground.






No comments:

Post a Comment