About Me

Wednesday 28 May 2014

Pottering about

With it being so wet there is no chance of doing anything on the allotment it has very heavy clay soil and I would ruin the structure if I was to walk on it at all. I guess that's where raised beds or special walkways come in handy though as it's my first year this is something I will definitely look at doing in the future though the raised beds can be very expensive.

At home I repotted some tomato plants I was given and planted out some verbenas and fushias I bought at the Carboot a couple of weeks back. I'm hoping the ground will soon dry out a bit as my courgette plants really are getting to big and need planting out on the plot.

This wet weather seems to have bought out the slugs and snails I did a quick sweep of the garden and found 17 snails and 23 slugs lets just say they are no longer residents in my garden. 

Does anyone have any problems with sweet peas this year mine are looking a bit worse for wear and not really growing any tips on helping them along will be appriciated.

Hopefully the sun will shine tomorrow as we have a picnic planned.




2 comments:

  1. I never have much luck with sweet peas. I've got some in a big pot this year and they are very slow growing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just found your lovely blog via Carrie at Grow Our Own, and you sound as if you are having similar allotment struggles to me. It's hard sometimes isn't it. My other half isn't a gardener either, so it's just me and the children (and that's not always helpful!) My sweet peas were quite slow to get going this year - I'm hoping they'll take off soon, and that yours do too. I hope you manage to get the better of the weeds at the allotment, I know what a constant battle it is, I was horrified last time I visited mine. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete