About Me

Wednesday 30 July 2014

Living where I do.


I find it quite hard sometimes to except that I live in such a beautiful part of the country I'm only 20 mins from the coast and it where many people come to visit for holidays but I live here and often find it quite hard to believe. I don't know why I'm surprised I have lived in Suffolk all my life 33 years to be precise and most of those have been spent living a stones throw from the coast and river or living in deep countryside. Even now I'm in a small town but it's lovely and often taken for granted.




It's lovely spending the school summer holidays here today we have been to the beach for a picnic and paddle the a little bit of messing about on the Mere.






The children think it's great fun and it works well with our family life.

Yesterday I joined the local cycling club and I was nervous but it was lovely to cycle with like minded people and we did 23 miles on the bike.

I'm looking forward to this growing season on the allotment to be over as I can't wait to start afresh I'm planning on having marked beds and proper walkways mainly so the children don't trample over the vegetables also as I'm so near the tap I have noticed other allotment holders have been cutting across my patch to get to the tap. How do I know this there is a clearly marked flat trodden route amongst my beans and it always seems to be damp where as the rest of the plot is dry. I'm also hoping the sections which will be like raised beds but not as high will be easier to maintain as I seem to be having a few problems with bindweed.

No comments:

Post a Comment