About Me

Saturday 2 August 2014

Bumper harvest of beans

We had a few rumbles of thunder in the night and quite a bit of rain which meant I didn't need to water the allotment. Though I did pick plenty of runner beans and dwarf beans and I'm still going with the courgettes. The pumpkins are coming along nicely and the sweetcorn is growing tall.

I do have these very fine white flies that are coming if my brassicas does anyone know what they are. They are munching holes in the leaves but I have found no caterpillars so I'm sure these are the culprits.

I did have a wobble today thinking it was all a bit much just struggling to find time to pop down it was easier when children at school as it's a 5 min walk from school but my two seem a bit reluctant to spend an hour or two on the plot. There is no shed for them to play and not a lot of space between plots for roaming about either.

Sue at simple Suffolk small holder I have also just reserved his book from the other sues blog. (Sorry don't know how to link blogs) I didn't realise he also write the river cottage handbooks.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment