About Me

Wednesday 13 August 2014

Failure and obsessing

I'm not what you call big and never had to worry about my weight, one point in my life I was weighed weekly to see if I was putting on weight. (My foster mum was obsessed that I was to small and needed bulking up) I used to put kitchen weights in my pockets. I didn't have a eating disorder and I loved my food but I did run,cycle, walk play hockey, football,cricket and netball plus athletics I never stopped and was always outside. How things have changed two children later and realising I'm not sixteen anymore I am carrying about a stone more than I want to. Some clothes are a bit snug. I'm relatively active but I also sit at the computer a lot. So I signed up to one of those diet clubs I had a free week pass I wouldn't pay that amount of money. It's the one where you have to count points.

Well I'm afraid to say I failed I became obsessed with counting and weighing even dreaming about food. I started eating different food from the children which I never want to do unless it's a fish finger and chips night. (I don't really like fish fingers). I did lose two pounds but I also lost a lot of time stressing about food so my week wasn't a succes.

I still have a stone to lose but I'm going to do it by moving more I cycled 30k last night with the cycle club and just maybe not have two slices of cake and maybe control my portion size because one thing I learnt this week I do have big portions and I don't really need them oh and four biscuits I have with a cup of tea maybe I will just have one.

I will get back to enjoying cooking though I am tracking what I eat and burn of using a free counter on my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment