About Me

Monday 5 January 2015

From the Mountains to the Sea

So a couple of days ago I was over 2500 meters high up a mountain today it was a visit to the beach. A brisk walk with the family along the coast which certainly blew the holiday fog away and wake us up a bit. 

It was grey and the sea was quite calm with a brisk wind, the beach was deserted with everyone going back to work the cafe was all closed up until the weekend so we made the most of our last day of the holidays looking for Amber amongst the pebbles we didn't find any and throwing stones into the sea. I always find a trip to the coast always makes me feel better. It was a late night watching the last three episodes of series one of Broadchurch I spent most of time in tears so not sure what series two has In store when it starts tonight. 


On our way home we called into the Farm Shop to stock up our freezer with meat. I love this farm shop as the freezers are stocked with local good quality meat. I now have 3 drawers full of various cuts and joints of beef, lamb, pork and chicken along with mince and some sausages. Hopefully it will keep us going until at least the end of March but it will require planning and organisation to make sure nothing will be left lurking at the bottom and to stop unnecessary buying. 

I don't make New Years resolutions as I never keep to them and I don't drink very often or smoke to try to give up or cut down.  But the one thing I really want to do is make the most of my collection of Cook books I have which I got three more at Christmas.  Two Tom Kerridges books and a book about Eastern cooking called Persania so I'm going spend time every week planning and cooking diffrent things that the whole family will enjoy. 

I'm also of to my first ever concert this month I'm going to see ( big drum roll) Queen featuring Adam lambert at Nottingham. I'm really excited. I'm writing this last bit with no keys showing on my iPad it's amazing how my fingers seem to know where the right keys are. Hopefully it will fix its self auto correct is helping. 


No comments:

Post a Comment