About Me

Wednesday 1 April 2015

Choices and baking

It's been a day of baking today I made a white loaf and some flapjack. Tomorrow is a chocolate cake that is suitable for my daughter who has to be dairy,egg and gluten free. I just won't tell her it has avocado in it!

As some of you know I have an allotment and after having my tools taken I'm really questioning about carrying on with it I have till Friday to decide.

I enjoy having my plot even though at times it's very frustrating I'm near the water tap and people have no qualms about walking over my plot as a short cut. The fact we can't have a shed makes it easier for things to get taken despite having a locked plastic box (surprisingly easy to break into so I have learnt) part of me wants to give it another bash the other part is thinking why bother. I still want to grow my own and have just enough room in my garden for pots filled with peas, beans, salad leaves, radishes and courgettes. though I don't have space for brassicas, carrots or potatoes. Though I would beable to get a small green house to grow a few tomatoes and for pottering about in Which will be a lot easier to manage with the children playing outside. I'm always on tender hooks at the plot as some of them are a funny bunch and don't seem to like children about.

Any advice or suggestion greatly appreciated as I'm a little confused and lost what to do.

1 comment:

  1. I am now on a committee for the allotments in my village ( I must blog about them) which have been derelict for a few years.
    We have agreed to allow sheds and hope there won't be much crime - the only things that have happened in the past is children pulling up people's veg but that soon stopped when a notice when up to say they have been reported to the police.

    it's a shame that the allotment people do not welcome children - surely they are the future plot holders?
    Some people are stuck in their ways which we are finding when we set up our allotment site - luckily we do things on a majority vote.

    It would be a shame to give it up - I would be trying to work round the carting tools about and find something what works for you. Could you get a little trolley to pull along that has your tools in?

    ReplyDelete