About Me

Monday 30 September 2013

Oh dear

I wrote a post yesterday about a challenge I have set myself and it seemed to create a couple of judgemental and unsavory comments. 

This upset me and I know I don't need to but I feel I have to justify myself. 

As I said we are very traditional that I am a stay at home Mum whose try's to run her own business that currently isn't making much money whilst the Husband (Mr M) commutes to the city. We have worked it that every Friday he transfers £250 to my account which I use for groceries, clothes for us all. Paying for the various childrens activities along with my petrol for the car to ferry said children to activities.  When I sat down earlier to work out where this all goes there isn't a lot left hence why I set this challenge for myself. Yes I could just go out and buy this new kitchen appliance but I don't want to I want to save for it along with trying to cut my food budget down and make my weekly budget go further. 

Here is what I have spent and predict to spend this coming week. 

£160 groceries this includes all fruit,veg meat and also cleaning products. (Already done this shop)
£30 petrol I drive a W reg car and not some big Chelsea tractor as one person suggested. 
£50 childrens activities this also includes a one off payment for a ballet exam
£15 for a pair of trainers for son who was currently wearing a size too small. 

This has actually taken me over by £5 and no I won't be asking for more as you can see I really need and want to make my money go further I'm not bragging and I am fully aware off what it's like to struggle because I have really been there. So please if you want to comment please think before being to judgemental. 

4 comments:

  1. I stumbled upon your blog and am dismayed that you were "bad mouthed" for daring to admit that you could spend less if you tried and for setting yourself a challenge and a target. Surely to goodness this is a powerful incentive to encourage you to really work hard at reaching your goals. Life in the countryside is not cheap, local shops carry a small stock range and are expensive, you have to have a car to ferry children around in. There is not always a school within walking distance and you need to be able to access doctors and dentists. Before throwing criticisms about people should check the facts. I wish you fortune in your endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it when people get nasty comments, there are some weird folk around who have too much time on their hands. Just ignore them is my advice and you don't have to justify anything because everyone is different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps you should have let the comments be published and then you would have found out how we would have jumped to your defence.

    We each and everyone of us do our best with what we have. Some folk have simply no idea of what it can cost to live in the more rural areas of this country, especially when you have children that need ferrying here there and everywhere, school for a start. Not to mention shops that charge higher prices just because they can.

    If you are setting yourself a challenge, do it for yourself, don't be put off or intimidated in any way by a reader who just does not 'get it'. It's your Blog enjoy it, and thank you for letting us in on your world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Petrol is my downfall. I seem to be permanently topping-up another €30/40. It's not as if I really go anywhere!

    ReplyDelete