About Me

Friday 25 October 2013

A Busy Week

It has been such a busy week that im really looking forward to having  a week at home with the children just relaxing, cooking, doing crafts and if the weather is not to bad going for some walks. Its been a very busy week with various clubs from football practice even a night hike with the local beaver (cubs) group and ballet lessons and commitements (commitee meetings to stop local developers building on our cricket pitch) so to have a week where we take each day at a time is lovely. I am lucky that the children are quite happy to play at home or go for walks as I have never been one to make sure I take the children out somewhere everyday, one we can not afford to do that and I am not really a fan of indoor play centres orthe prices they charge for entry and two I want my children to make up their own play without something being provided to them. I have many friends who are always doing something and the children never want to be at home and get board easily.

Im still finding my feet with this whole blogging lark and am very greatful to those who take the time to read my ramblings and also to leave comments which I love reading. Im not sure which direction i'm going in but at the moment I am quite happy just rambling away about my life in Suffolk with my family. To those who read my post about my challange I did it I managed to save up enough to buy this lovely food mixer but now the money is in the bank I don't want to spend it just yet I want to see how much more I can save.

There has been reports in the local newspaper that we might get a storm that is to rival the great storm of 1987. I don't really remember much as I was only 6 at the time however I do remember the fallen trees with roots  and the large holes they left in the ground and having no electricity and the greenhouse blowing down. Just incase we do I have made sure I have plenty of candles, batteries in the radio and plenty that we can eat that doesn't require cooking as everything in my house is electric except the gas central heating which also needs electric to run.




4 comments:

  1. We were living in Bacton near Stowmarket in 1987 and I was 8 months pregnant, our son remembers opening his birthday presents on 17th oct - he was 6 - by candlelight. We had no damage but our electric was off for a week.
    I'm enjoying your blog - Lovely to hear from someone younger now I'm ancient!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like our son M is the same age as you. We moved here in 1992 and he started at Middle school in May in Year 6. He did Geography, history and english for A levels and then worked in Leiston and Alde Coop before going to Uni. You couldn't miss him! Our eldest daughter is two years older.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurrah for half term!

    I remember that storm. I was 14 at the time, and my bedroom was in the loft. I was woken up by my bed literally shaking. Pretty scary.

    well done on saving the cash. I am rubbish at saving. if I'd saved the loot I'd have spent it by now.

    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son was happiest being at home in the school holidays. Other parents must have spent no end of money to keep their children entertain it was unreal.. madness!

    I missed that big storm in 87 as I was on holiday in Germany at the time but we were due home the next day.. the ship was late to dock because of the weather so there was a delay. When we heard about the storm we all wondered what we were coming home too.. seeing all the damage on the way home.. all those trees down etc we couldn't believe it. We definitely don't want a repeat!

    ReplyDelete