About Me

Tuesday 22 October 2013

Disappointment

I found out today that I haven't been successful in obtaining an allotment next year unless a miracal happens. I'm really dissapointed as my name has been on the list for a couple of years now and I often walk down to the allotments and there must be about 3 or 4 that are not being used which is such a shame. I wouldn't mind sharing one but that doesn't seem to be an option. I live in a town whose population seems to be rising by the year and if the developers get their way it will get even bigger. So to have only 20 allotments it doesn't seem a lot for a town our size.

I love gardening and growing things and it's important that my children know where things come from and I love the fact they can step outside and picked something we have grown as a family.
I have two small veg beds in the garden which I do grow things in and I try to grow in pots sometimes successful other times not. But our garden doesn't get an awful lot of sun due to a very large hedge and tree in the neighbours garden that's another thing all together so the books are out helping me to decide what to grow in pots, and a shady garden. 



3 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so sorry to hear that. How annoying if there are empty ones, can you contact a Councillor or someone to try to get more allotments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is rubbish, after so long waiting too. I hope something changes x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the allotment..especially when there are some that are not being used. Who ever runs it need to have a shake up. Hope you get one soon.

    ReplyDelete