About Me

Saturday 19 October 2013

A Rainy Day At The Beach

Our Saturday morning started much the same taking the children to tennis for 8.30 then back to have breakfast, cup of tea and read the papers. Having done this we sat down to discuss what should we do today. Many ideas were put to the table from museums to farm parks then my bright idea why not a trip to Southwold it wasn't raining at this point. I thought it would be nice to have a wonder along the promenade the children can use up the 2p we have accumulated in the arcade and then a ample around the shops followed by fish and chips. Half way there it started raining when we arrived it was really raining not one to let the weather get the better of me I really am an outdoor girl we did what we planned just in a diffrent order. Arcades, fish and chips in the cafe then a walk into town. We didn't go in many shops but I did pop into a couple of charity shops I'm looking for Pyrex dishes and serving bowls nothing was found except a mug from designer Keith Braymer Jones for 50p saving myself £9.50 I have a few bits of his things that have been given to me as presents so I bought it to add to my collection.



Once we returned home it was still raining we spent the rest of the afternoon doing crafts myself I am learning to knit though I do seem to have more stitches on the needle than I started with so the scarf I'm knitting is getting a bit wider any help regarding why this is happening will be much appriciated. 

Tomorrow will be a traditional Sunday at home getting ready for school on Monday, baking for packed lunches and cooking a roast chicken as well as fitting in a walk as long as the weather holds.

7 comments:

  1. I'm not a knitter, and I only know how to do straight things like scarves for dolls! but I think you are knitting an extra stitch into the wool you are putting around the needle. instead of pushing it off the end --that makes no sense at all! Forget I commented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is what I am doing. I also have a couple of holes where I have dropped a couple of stitches. Oh well I will keep trying

      Delete
  2. Good for you teaching yourself to knit. I just bet there is somewhere nearby who could look it over for you now and then. I find that people are only too happy to share their experience. Is there a craft and coffee club nearby?
    Good Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. There are a couple of groups but they are closed as they have enough members. I do have one friend who is very good at knitting who will help me.

      Delete
  3. We love Southwold, was there last Sunday. Fish and Chips at Mark's restaurant then a coffee and a sticky bun in the last cafe on the pier. We had our honeymoon there too. I'm a rubbish knitter and keep wondering whether I should re-try but at the moment am making a patchwork quilt for hubby and embroidering a pheasant!
    Angela
    Author of - http://smallholdingpleasureorprofit.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Southwold and very lucky to live about 30 mins away we try to avoid in the high season as it just gets so busy prefer it when it's quiet.

      Delete
  4. Hello from another Suffolk Girl.. I found your blog through Frugal in Suffolk, I look forward to reading more :o)

    ReplyDelete