About Me

Wednesday 16 October 2013

Autumn walks

Thank you to everyone who wished my daughter a happy birthday, she had a lovely day and we are looking forward to a trip to London to the Tower at the end of the month. We don't really do parties anymore she has had plenty in the past from princess and pirates to farm park party and even a disco. But now she prefers to do something with the family which makes it a lots less stressful than arranging a party.

The last couple of days the weather has been ok and I have managed to fit a good couple of walks in around the lanes and across fields I usually go for an hour walking about 3 miles.I just made it back today before the rain came. I love walking and sometimes go with a friend and her dog other times on my own it gives me chance to exercise, think and most of all spend time outside.  I have also been cooking some spinach and feta parcels which a friend cooked for me last week and I really liked them so thought I would have a go. It is one of the river cottage recipes I don't actually have the book so by watching her this is my own interpretation 

I use shop bought filo pastry as I have never attempted to make my own and I'm not sure I ever will

cut and dice 1 onion and 2 cloves of garlic and slowly soften in a frying pan with a little oil.

Add as much spinach as you would like I used a whole bag 

Wait till this has all softened down then add a small packet of feta cheese.

I then put a large serving spoon full on a sheet of pastry using egg to bind then added another sheet

I have cooked in the oven for about 15 mins on 180 fan. 

This has made enough for 6 large parcels which I will have for lunch and put in the freezer for another day.


2 comments:

  1. I grew up in the Suffolk countryside and I'm delighted to find your blog. I loved walking out in the fresh air and peace and quiet from an early age. We walked to school so maybe that started it. I've recently moved to 5 acres on the coast of British Columbia, Canada after thirty years in the city. Country skills are slowly coming back to me. I'll enjoy reading about your experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello,
    i love walking in the nature,and I love spinat and feta,too.
    greetings from germany,
    regina

    ReplyDelete