About Me

Wednesday 9 October 2013

Forward Planning

There is certainly a bit of a nip in the air today and the weather forecast is looking a lot colder these next coming days. Which is good as I love the meals that you cook in the colder months especially the ones that you can all throw into a slow cooker or casserole dish and slow cook for hours in the oven so all you have to do is plate it up when you some in. 

I love cook books and I'm always telling Mr M that I can never have enough cookbooks I use them for inspiration and mainly so we don't always eat the same thing day in day out. The latest book I have found useful is Save With Jamie. It certainly has helped in making sure our roast dinner goes further. At first Mr M was a bit sceptical especially when buying a bigger bit of meat than I would normally but being one for numbers Mr M actually worked out it was cheaper to do it this way the book does tell you this. 

I never really one to plan a meals in advance but having read some really good blogs lately I thought I would give it a try especially as I spend the majority of time taking Little miss and little M to various after school activities I'm hoping it will make me more organised so armed with a small selection of my favourite books. I'm planning right up till next Monday.


3 comments:

  1. I've reserved Save with Jamie through my library and can't wait to browse through it.

    I've been meal planning for a while now and I find it's a great way to avoid wasting food and also to experiment new recipes. Every Friday I do the same as you do, get a few cookbooks out and plan our meals for the week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meal-planning for years, and it helps me stay in control. I have lots of cook books, too many really, and I only use one or two recipes from each. These days I tend to use the BBC Good Food website. I print the recipes out and stick them in a book! At least I know I'll use all the recipes! I had a go at the hot american pizza from Jamie's programme. It was really good. Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last night I cooked Hugh Fearnley-Thing's recipe 'Blue cheese and Leek Pie'. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete