About Me

Tuesday 12 November 2013

Christmas is coming

I'm just a tad excited. I love Christmas so much and we have two trees both decorated very different. When I was growing up I don't have many memories of Christmas and the ones I do are not pleasant. So I make every effort to have traditions that my children will pass on, I'm careful that I don't indulge them in material gifts but I do like to get them things they really want along with things that are practical  but we use the time to spend as a family playing games and just switching off from work and busy schedules. 

Today I have started my preparations I love my cook books and ordered the new Mary Berry Christmas book I must say I love it it's full of easy recepies and also there is something to suit every taste bud. So today I started the Christmas cake I have never made one before last year I bought a supermarket kit one which all I had to do was mix all the ingredients together. So this year I thought I would do it properly also Mr M doesn't like cherries in his cake so they have been omitted. The house smells wonderful already and that's just the fruit and orange zest soaking in Brandy for three days. It was supposed to be sherry but I picked up brandy instead. 

The rest of the cake will be made on Saturday. 




2 comments:

  1. Thankyou for following my blog! will try and reciprocate! I remember making my own christmas cake at an after school club (too many years ago to mention!) And it tasted amazing! I just ruined it by missing the last few classes and having to buy readynmade icing which tasted YUK LOL Hope yours turns out well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've reminded me I really must make my christmas cake.. I'm behind as it's usually made by now! :o)

    ReplyDelete