About Me

Saturday 30 November 2013

Why I love Christmas but please don't feel sorry for me!

I love Christmas everything from the smells to the decorations, singing carols and the giving of presents. I'm like a big kid at this time of the year but I feel I deserve it. I'm determined to make sure my children remember Christmas and it's traditions without spoiling them and going over the top. I save for Christmas presents throughout the year and we don't go mad on food and drink I'm not a big drinker so very rarely have spirits in the house.

 This is something I missed out on during my childhood. Father Christmas very seldom visited my house decorations never were put up and Christmas Day was often another day of being lonely. The only presents I can remember getting was books from a lovely neighbour which to this day I'm still very greatful for. It's not because we didn't believe in Christmas more like the adults couldn't be bothered money was tight but funnily enough there was money for alcohol and ciggerettes! 

My first real Christmas came when I was 13 and placed in the care of a loving family I remember the tree having a stocking and the next morning my little pile of presents just for me it wasn't the material things that mattered but the fact that somebody took the time and care to choose things for me eating a Christmas dinner and having fun and playing games theses are all the things that make me love Christmas today a feeling of togetherness and more important family.

So from tomorrow when we open our advents right up till the decorations come down I'm usually in full flow singing I wish it could be christmas everyday. 

 

4 comments:

  1. Goodness me! what a time you had when you were young. Hope your December is all wonderfully Christmassy!
    You will have fun at Beavers nearer to the 25th as they will be totally Hyper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. We are going to the Ski Slope. They are already excited we have next week building rockets and then week after is last one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post brought tears to my eyes. I love Christmas too and always have and especially like the fact that it's only the 3 of us and I don't have to spend Christmas with my parents or inlaws.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paula I didn't mean for people to get upset and I believe everything happens for a reason. I'm really excited for Christmas I love seeing peoples faces when they open the presents.

      Delete