About Me

Monday 2 December 2013

I need a little more notice than two days.

This week I am going to the city and having dinner with Mr M and various important people he works with and thier partners. Two weeks ago it was a smart casual affair outfit was sorted smart black trousers and a top I hadn't worn yet. Today Mr M calls me to say said dinner is now a black tie event giving me two days notice. Cue the panic I don't own much for a black tie event, I'm more at home in wellies and and a raincoat. So tonight has been spent trying on the 3 black dresses I own. The first one I tried on I couldn't do zip up I might be carrying a few extra pounds but the zip is actually broken, the next is a black staple dress used for meetings and funerals even though I'm very nervous about meeting these people I don't think it requires the funeral dress. So all that was left is the dress I bought many years ago but still looks ok possibly a little elegant today, luckily even after two children and nothing a bit of shapeware can't fix. 

So outfit sorted that part I can relax about the next challange is getting myself from the train station to the hotel it's to short for a taxi ride plus it's going to be an expensive night anyway. I'm not even going to mention the tube as I won't be traveling on that alone anyway. I'm such a country girl.

2 comments:

  1. I would be in an awful tizz, hope all goes well for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would put me in a right panic.. I don't own any posh going out clothes.. it's every day casual clothes or nothing here! From one country girl to another..enjoy your city trip :o)

    ReplyDelete