About Me

Thursday 2 January 2014

A bit of everything today

It's been a mixed day starting of with taking the decorations down and doing a through clean. I always love how spacious the room feels but don't like how bare they look so to compensate I put some of the fairy lights in a vase to create a little lamp. It certainly brightens up the the corner where the tree used to be in the dining room.


We decided to take the children to see Frozen at the cinema in Woodbridge today as a last treat before we all return to the school/work routine it's a really lovely filmed based on The Snow Queen by Hans Christian Anderson it has some sad parts disney films always make myself and daughter cry but it also has some really funny bits also.   

Coming home we had a mixture for tea using up the left over veg, sausages and eggs the cupboards are now bare ready for them to be stocked up tomorrow. Yesterday we sorted out our budget for the month and already was able to put some into savings as a couple of DD were less that we budgeted for. So that was a small bonus. Tomorrow we are going to Ikea I can hear the groans already but we need a couple of desks and desperate for a bookshelf and as we don't want to pay to much for them this seems the best option. I used to beable to pick bits up quite cheaply that I didn't mind painting but now it's become popular to up cycle I find it harder to source good quality second hand furniture cheaply. 

Tonight we have been in the garden using my sons telescope he got for Christmas. It's a good clear night and we have looked at quite a few stars and also was able to pick up Jupiter with a few of its moons I have taken a picture which really don't do it justice. Hoping for a clear night tomorrow as it's the time when Jupiter is closest to the earth. Also we are waiting for a full moon so my Son can have a really good look at the craters. Well we have had a busy day I'm not sure I will blog tomorrow as I'm sure no one really wants to know about the flat pack furniture store. 

                                         

  





2 comments:

  1. I have fairy lights up around the house year round. I can't bear to put them away after Christmas, so there are always a few sprinkled around.

    Yes, the house looks so tidy and big when Christmas has been packed away. I miss the pretties, but I so love the tidy!

    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s, keep meaning to ask, are you on Twitter?

    ReplyDelete