About Me

Wednesday 1 January 2014

Keeping up with traditions

Despite the weather being awful we still ventured out to a New Year tradition which is a trip to Aldeburgh for fish and chips. The hot parcels soaked with vinegar taste so much better eaten when it's freezing and the wind is blowing which today it certainly is. 

Aldeburgh was busy as expected but the queues at the chips shop were ok I expect many people didn't want to wait in the cold. After eating our chips we took a walk along the sea front it was more being blown along. The sea was rough and even the poor seagulls looked fed up and unable to fly but I Kind of like it that way. 

It was good to get out in the fresh air and blow a few cobwebs away I'm not very good if I have to be indoors for to long I get a bit of cabin fever and the children certainly benefits from  out doors and having a run around. 

We are back home now to a nice cup of tea and and slice of Christmas cake. 

The photo below is looking from the top of the town steps. As I grew up in Aldeburgh I know many of the small side roads where we can park. 


2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!

    Yes, absolutely agree, eating fish & chips when it's cold makes them taste soooo good! I love it when we go to Felixstowe for chippies, it's always freezing down there!

    To answer your Q. Ipswich. :O)

    Enjoy the day. Windy, drizzly weather and all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't beat Aldeburgh's fish and chips! :o)

    ReplyDelete