About Me

Tuesday 21 January 2014

A cold and foggy walk

Waking up this morning to frost and dense fog the children were dissapointed we have not had snow yet they are desperate to have some to go sledding at the castle. After a morning of housework and cutting up old towels for cleaning cloths they are great they are abrasive and fantastic at bringing a shine to the bath without chemicals and best of all they are washable. I'm sure many if you have been doing this for years so please excuse my lateness on this occasion. 

I decided to make the most of the dry weather and go for a long walk sticking to the back roads as the footpaths across the feilds are very muddy and waterlogged after so much rain we have had. I walked with a friend who has a dog so we have a good catch up and put the world to rights on the way round I think in total we walked about 4 miles in just over an hour which is quite good going and walking when it's cold certainly makes you feel much more invigorated. There wasn't a lot to see as the fog was so thick at one point it looked like it was clearing up but as I type this is appears to be coming in again. 

Lunch was some homemade soup today and I think I might try and tackle my daughters bedroom I could be gone for a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment