About Me

Monday 20 January 2014

That job you wish you never started!

You know that job that always seems like a good idea but then turns out to take longer than you first thought and leaves you wishing you didn't start it in the first place. I had one of those days with my little boy well enough to go to school I thought I would tackle his bedroom. I don't know why or how it got so muddled as everything is supposed to go back in its place but a boy of 6 doesn't always listen to me and will often put things in any box or draw. 

Starting at 10 today and finally finishing at 2.30 just in time for a quick lunch and to pick them up from school he now had a very tidy and organised bedroom. Lego is now back in its relevant box books are back on the shelves and the hundred of cars,diggers,trains are now in the right box. I was very ruthless and binned any broken toy boxed I filled bags of cuddly toys and games and puzzles that he has grown out of and are now ready to sell or take to the charity shop. 

I moved wardrobes and his bed around resulting in a much more organised room hoping it will stay that way for a little while at least. 

I'm dreading starting on my daughters room it's pink girly and filled with lots of trinkets and important bits of paper containing lists  that must not in any circumstance be put in the recycling give me a day or two and I will tackle it and make sure everything is back in its rightful home. 


2 comments:

  1. I'll give it the weekend to stay tidy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your right. No matter how many times I encourage them to keep the room tidy it never lasts very long.

    ReplyDelete