About Me

Friday 17 January 2014

Cuddles and not a lot else.

My little boy has tonsillitis it came yesterday evening and we spent most of the night awake with trying to manage his fever, from cold flannels to using calpol and ibuprofen every two hours nothing seemed to touch the fever he screamed if the light was turned on and one point was saying his heart hurt. Having had my daughter have meningitis at 4 weeks old fortunately I am aware of the symptoms though it didn't stop it crossing my mind luckily we could bring his temperature down and he seemed to settle in to a sleep next to me while Mr M went in his bed.   

So this morning was a trip to the doctors where he was diagnosed with tonsillitis so it been a day trying to keep his fluids up and cuddles on the sofa watching copious amounts of cartoons which after only nearly 3 hours sleep I don't mind as it means I can catch up on everyone else's news and events.

It will be a quiet weekend end while he recorparates so I expect to be baking with my daughter as we are running short on packed lunch treats to see us through next week. 


1 comment:

  1. Poor fella - tonsillitis can be very nasty when you are little. Hope it goes soon

    ReplyDelete