About Me

Saturday 18 January 2014

Don't you find it all to confusing sometimes.

This time of the year it's inevitable to starting thinking about being healthier losing those few pounds we carry around with us I'm no diffrent I am still carry about 10-14 extra lbs from the birth of my second child who is now 6. I have always been sporty and never had to worry about my weight untill a few years ago but now I would like to just be a bit slimmer the confusing part is how to go about it! Logic is eat less move more which I try to do.  Though with so many "diets" out there it's easily to get confused but I'm sure as soon as you come of the wagon the weight plus extra will pile back on. 

I walk a few miles each day if possible maybe get on the bike or do some exercising at home. So keeping active is the easy part the hard part is food.

I love food,cooking and baking I find if I'm on a diet I stop doing these thing and start thinking about food 24/7 I know it's not healthy to cut out certain groups and I also want to set a good example to my children so they have a healthy attitude to food so I have decided I'm not going to follow a fad diet I'm just going to cut down in the bad stuff which is chocolate and sugar in my tea and eat three normal meals a day and fruit for snack and see how I go. I'm still going to bake for us as a family but most of all I'm not going to obsess over it and hopefully those warrant lbs will just melt away. 

It's been a lazy day with a bit of washing looking after my poorly son and planning what and where to grow some vegetables this year. I think I'm going to forgo a flower bed in a prime sunny spot this year so I can grow more beans and peas as my current veg plot only sees the sun untill about mid day so spends a lot of time in the shade and everything I grew last year was not very successful. 


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've got a really sensible attitude to food- I know exactl what you mean about obsessing about food when you can't have it! I'm doing dry January too and its TOUGH!

    ReplyDelete