About Me

Saturday 15 March 2014

A walk beside the seaside.

Waking up to glorious sunshine this morning and a good wood meant that I could get two loads of washing on the line. As we had nothing planned and after an hour trying to decide what to do. It was agreed to go for a walk at the coast. So with a packed lunch  we headed to Southwold it was quite busy on both the promenade and town. We walked from the pier to the harbour thinking we would get a bag of chips each to find it was closed so we walked back to the pier for a bag. Which was well deserved after a 3 1/2 mile trip there and back. 


One thing I do get asked about and think I will incorporate some recipes into the blog is how I cope with a child who has many allergies. I often get comments it must be really hard or she must miss out on lots of things. My daughter has severe reactions to any Dairy product including sheep and goat products she also reacts to eggs and she has coeliacs disease which means she can not tolerate anything containing gluten.

To us it's just a way of life I cook everything from scratch and it usually consits of meat and vegetables. She doesn't feel like she missing out as she knows no difference as she's had theses since she was a baby.  The cakes a sweets and cause a small problem but I'm getting quite good at making alternatives for her. 

We try to eat the same things so I don't have the risk of cross contamination or feel like I'm cooking lots of diffrent things. She and all of use eats really healthy but it does require planning as I can't just put something in the oven if I have nothing  planned. 

Tomorrow I will add one of our favourites which is a beef casserole which is slow cooked for hours resulting in moist meat that falls apart.



No comments:

Post a Comment