About Me

Thursday 13 March 2014

Head in the books

If you have been following my blog you might know I'm a beaver leader or training to be one. I signed up to volunteer as they were short and my son was starting.  When I signed up I knew I needed to do first aid and child protection that is only to be expected. What I wasn't so keen on was going back to study putting my head in the books to gain my wood woggle. Well I have been spending the last few days with my training manual completing section 1 there are 30 in total on the history of scouts. I can understand why they do it to make sure the people involved know what they are doing but there is a part of me that thinks more people would volunteer if they didn't have to do so much. I have 5 months to complete my training along with some day courses though I'm afraid they will have to wait until the cricket season which will soon be upon us is finished. 

In other news it's been a lovely day here washing on the line windows thrown wide open it's such a shame it's been spent with my head in the books. My grass needs cutting my boarders need weeding and I really need to think where the veg will be planted as my current plot is just to shady. It's supposed to be a really nice weekend so I'm sure it will be one spent in the garden. 


1 comment:

  1. When I did leader training - a long time ago- it was nearly all practical stuff. A basic, then a second course and finally the advanced to get what was called The Wood Badge, there was no time limit and except for the basic they were weekend courses residential mostly.
    Not a lot of books were used! All good fun. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete