About Me

Thursday 24 April 2014

A day of reminiscing

Today Mr M and I went for a walk from Aldeburgh to Thorpeness and back on the way there we walking along the path and stopped for coffee and cake at the Thorpeness Kitchen and on the way back we followed the old railway line that used to connect Aldeburgh to Leiston. I don't remember the line but I do remember playing where it used to be. We had a great time when I was younger building dens and climbing trees, I had a lot of freedom to just run and play going out in the morning and only coming back for dinner. I didn't have a happy childhood and it was a case where social services should have got involved sooner than they did. But the bits I choose to remember is the great fun I had with friends down this old railway line. 


Another thing I did which I haven't done in 20 years is return to the house and road I grew up in, in Aldeburgh. It something I have avoided but today I wanted to see not to dwell on the past as I believe everything happens for a reason and if they hadn't happend to me I would have met Mr M and wouldn't have my two gorgeous children.

I was glad to see the house had been done up and looks like a nice family lives there now. I'm now able to close one of the doors from childhood and stop wondering.

On the allotment and growing news nothing much just watering and I'm waiting patiently for the seeds to grow ready for transplanting out and on Sunday I'm hoping to sow a few seeds in directly.



  


No comments:

Post a Comment