About Me

Monday 21 April 2014

Mondays Mumblings

It was back to the allotment today after a couple if days away due to cricket and a family day yesterday. 

I manged to dig over the last patch which was a lot easier than the first bit. The weeds were not so deep rooted in and the soil was easier to turn over as it wasn't so hard. I moved some rhubarb that was completely in the way it was in pots so easy to move. I had six plants but gave four away and kept to. I'm the only one in the house who likes rhubarb so I wouldn't beable to eat six plants worth. The last job I have to do is remove eight artichoke plants I did one today and boy those roots go down along way. Will try and do some more tomorrow I hope. 

Little miss came to help while the men went for a bike ride. She planted up some onions and carrot seeds. I'm not sure how well these will do as the ground is full of stones and flint. I will do a second set of sowing later on. Now my patch is almost clear I gave sort of marked out what to grow. 

It was rather busy at the allotments today and the weather was rather warm I would however like some rain. 

Thanks to Cro for his comment we are a huge cricket family and  will go to Lords every year to watch England play. I much prefer cricket to football. 


1 comment:

  1. You are starting to sound like a real gardener - wishing for rain already!

    ReplyDelete