About Me

Monday 14 April 2014

Being Nosy

Not a lot happened today we went to have lunch with a friend who happens to live a 2 minute walk from the allotments so it seemed right going to show her our plot and give her some of the rhubarb I inherited I have three large plants. Whilst we were there we got talking to a couple of other plot owners one is a retired teacher from the school who the children know and the other used to play cricket with Mr M. After telling them which plot was mine they both said oh dear. Reason being my plot is next to a person who dislikes children which isn't good as I have two. Though I'm sure I have installed good manners in to them so hopefully we won't cause problems with one another. 

Apart from those two no one else was about so we took the time to have a look around at other peoples. Some are immaculate and take up double plots some are only a quater and most are a full or half plot. There's one which looks like someone tried to grow grapes but has now been left after being unsuccessful and has been taken on by someone who already has a plot and half but is proving quite a bit of work clearing nettles and the vines. Another has ten christmas trees growing and not a lot else. My favourite has the best views of the Mere and castle it is more like a little garden with a bench surrounded by small trees and little privet hedges separating the vegetable beds. A neatly mowed path lined with lots of daffodils and every colour tulip makes this the perfect little spot for relaxing. I hope to get to know them so they invite me over for a cup of tea. 

I have been ploughing through my books and making a list of equipment needed some I have and some I need to get. 
So far I have a Fork,Spade,Hoe,Rake and a trowel and a watering can a bucket to collect weeds in. I need some thing to use for cutting but not sure whats best and I don't want to spend to much money either. Any tips would be useful. 

I'm hoping to go up for a bit tomorrow to turn some more soil over and hopefully get a few potatoes in. 

Until tomorrow 

No comments:

Post a Comment