About Me

Thursday 5 June 2014

Waiting and trapped

I'm writing this from my lounge as it's the only room along with Daughters bedroom and bathroom which isn't occupied with workmen. British Gas arrived at 8.00 to start the work to replace boiler and hot water system. Carpet are up tanks been removed no water coming from the taps, loud drilling noises holes in the wall, floor boards raised a smell of gas. So I am keeping out of the way. I'm sat here reading my book on allotments and wishing I was there but I'm a bit uneasy about leaving people in my house I don't know. Electric will be going off soon so can't even do my ironing not that I can put the clothes away as wardrobe is empty and gas pipes are going all through the house.

It will be worth it when it's done and the old boiler has done well our bills should be cheaper and it should be quieter when it kicks in in the morning.

Other than that not a lot else to report today.

Back tomorrow for day 2 of chaos, dust and hopefully they will be done 

L

1 comment: