About Me

Sunday 20 July 2014

A stormy weekend

Like most of the country we didn't escape the storms with them starting Friday night which meant very little sleep. I'm petrified of thunder storms but I'm getting braver I can't sleep through them as I need to be alert just incase. I think it all comes from my school being struck when I was nine. So we have had three days with thunder two of them at night though last night wasn't as bad we had a very heavy storm today and flash floods making some roads impassable.

I didn't go up to the allotment this weekend as it was very wet and you can't do much with the heavy clay soil we have. Though I did spend yesterday doing bits in my own garden from making a new flower bed and herb garden. I also broke my little lawnmower so it's was a trip to Ipswich today to get a new one and Mr M needed some bits from Halfords for our bikes as we've both got into road cycling. I have always loved cycling and did a couple of 100ks but on a mountain bike which was tough so have upgraded to a road bike. We had a lovely cycle on Friday as we did 64k as he had the day of work to celebrate our 11 year wedding anniversary.

Hoping for a quieter and cooler night as would quite like at least 6 hours sleep.

Th children only have 3 days left of school so I'm really looking forward to the summer break we have lots of little things planned but mostly we take it each day at a time.

3 comments:

  1. It's been dry here all day except for a shower around 5ish, we heard the storm in the distance sounds like it was right over Fram.
    64K cycling!?! Wow, hope you have a comfy seat.
    I used to love the start of the school holidays it's good not to have to rush about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're taking it a day at a time here as well. We started with the allotment barbecue today, which was sunny, luckily. I hope you have a good summer. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been so hot and I don't do heat! I just wish these storms would make everything feel cooler & fresher but they don't.. just stickier.
    Enjoy the summer hols when they arrive :o)

    ReplyDelete