About Me

Sunday 28 September 2014

A city break and a change in diet

I have been away for a few days to Barcelona with Mr M. We had a lovely time but I missed the children so much so we won't be repeating it anytime soon. Barcelona is a lovely city and we did a couple of excursions one to see Gaudis work the unfinished cathedral the Sagrada Familia this is an amazing sight and hopefully it will be finished in 2026 which is 100 years after Gaudis death. It's amazing from both inside and out.










The outside tells a story starting from the birth of Jesus to his crucifixion.






We also visited the monastery on Montserrat Mountain this was such a peaceful and tranquil place and is the home to Benidict Monks. We happened to see a couple but they keep themselves to themselves and there living quarters are kept very private from the the tourist attraction. This is also home to a black Madonna which was found in the caves of Montserrat mountain however she's is made out of popular wood and therefore become black due to the wood oxidising. The views were spectacular along with the buildings.

















I ate some amazing food and we spent time strolling around the gothic quarter and going in a huge covered market where there was so much fresh produce it kind of puts some of our markets to shame.









Also moored at the harbour is Steve Jobs super yacht. It's an amazing boat but is such a shame he didn't get to see it before he passed away. It now belongs to his estate.





I was certainly glad to come home though I have came home to the news that like my daughter I have coeliacs disease. It's not entirely surprising as I have shown symptoms for quite a few years though this has been put down to various other things. I eat pretty much gluten free but I will miss bread and I don't like the gluten free alternative so it's going to take a bit of getting used to.

I'm now going to try and catch up with all your blogs and news.

No comments:

Post a Comment