About Me

Thursday 2 October 2014

Cooking from the books

I have many cookbooks and I love reading them but very rarely use them and I seem to have got in a rut of the same foods every week. So while I was ironing and catching up on Jamie's comfort food which I have the book. I thought I would cook his curried fishpie we were going to have fish anyway and I must say it went down a treat. I did have to modify it to make it dairy and gluten free to suit my daughters diet. (She is very allergic to this things) the only thing I did was not make the sauce with the milk and used cornflour to thicken. 

I really enjoyed cooking this with the help of the children and seem to have got my interest back in preparing and cooking for enjoyment not just because we have to eat. 

The other thing I have done is make bread rolls I have dabbled with baking bread before but never have been successful. I went to make the packed lunch for Mr M and children for school and realised I had no bread in so using Paul Hollywoods how to bake book I have made 12 white rolls they are currently cooking in the oven.

I'm going to be more organised with my cooking and vary the things we have and not be scared to try new things if the children don't like it I will try again. 

Tomorrow is beef casserole but I will be baking as we have no cake in the house at all.




No comments:

Post a Comment