About Me

Wednesday 17 September 2014

A morning on the plot.

I spent a good couple of hours on the plot today clearing the courgette plants. A tip for next year I do not need 7 courgette plants as I physically can not eat that much. It's only me who eats them!

I also picked two pumpkins which we will keep for the end of October and carve I have left on on the plot raised of the ground to stop rot.

It felt good to be back at the plot and I have drawn a line under this year and starting from scratch as of today. It's nice to make a fresh start and plans for next year and what and how much to grow.

To Sue and Suffolk Small holder I have taken your tip and covered half with black plastic until I'm ready to do something with that.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you've not given up the allotment. Next year is a new year, there are plenty of new seed catalogues just coming out, to read to give you ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you've still got your plot... I remember when I grew 6 courgette plants.. haha never again! I just grow 2 these days and sometimes that can be too many! But I do love a fresh home grown courgettes, much better than supermarket ones which seem tasteless to me! :o)

    ReplyDelete