About Me

Monday 8 September 2014

Allotment Update

For those who read my blog/Ramblings maybe wondering why I'm a bit short on the updates regarding the allotment. Well I have a slight problem which means I very seldom go now.

The problem is my children are very reluctant to go ( full blown tantrum and tears from son) I know I'm his mum and probably should force him but I think this could make it worse and no one would enjoy the time there.

Just at the start of the summer holidays we were harvesting beans and Little M went to fill the watering can up he came back in tears. I had no idea why and he was crying so much, lots of cuddles later it came out that a lady who owns a plot about five down from us had told him of for running across her plot a few days ago running her crops. My son who denied it and I know my children they tell little white lies and they are not perfect but I know he didn't do it I know this because.

1. When said incident happened we were not even at the allotments

2. I only have one daughter and one son the incident was caused by two boys who were brothers.

Despite my son telling the truth and denying it he was then apparently called a liar. He's only 7. This upset me and now my son refuses to go. There isn't a lot of space to play for children so I always give them small jobs to do.

I'm now not sure whether to give up my plot as during the summer school holidays it has been very hard to get to the plot which means the weeds are taking over and crops have been ruined.

It's now very over grown, during term time I can go while the children are at school and now Mr M cricket season has finished I now have more time at the weekends.

I love growing my own veg and my garden isn't particularly big enough to have a plot I can grow bits in tubs and some bits in one small bed.

The two boys have been caught as they have been seen running across numerous plots while playing chase I know they are only children and playing. Though I do believe their mother should at least set them some boundaries especially around other peoples properties.

I'm still awaiting for an apology after the other boys were caught as I did confront the lady saying that if she had a problem with any of my children she should have come to me first. I have no problem with people telling my children of if it's deserved but I do wish she had her facts right first as she was only told about two dark haired boys running across her plot and didn't actually see it happen. My son is fair haired.

I'm not sure I handled it correctly or am dealing with my children the right way but I know that growing my own veg at the plot isn't as fun anymore.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Don't give up, you waited ages for your plot, your two will grow and be off playing with friends everyday in the holidays before you know it. Cover some of the plot with some black plastic to stop the weeds and work on a little at a time. Your own fresh will always be best.

    ReplyDelete