About Me

Sunday 5 October 2014

There's no such thing as a friendly game of cards

I love playing cards. It's the one thing I remember that was fun from a childhood filled with uncertainty and fear. My Nanna taught me how to play things such as rummy, patience,sevens and crib. It helped no end with my maths. 

I still play cards with my children especially things like old maid and donkey but now they can also play sevens my sons favourite and Newmarket which I had never played before until last year. Last night we had a card night as my husbands Nan is staying and she's a tactical card player could be somthing to do with age but she also likes to accuse people of cheating. 

We play with pennies and I won a few hands so I came back with more than I went with. The children surprised me they are starting to get a really good and my daughter can be very shrewd whilst playing sevens holding key cards back actually she came home with £4.00 worth of pennies she only started with £1.50 worth. 

But must importantly it's about spending time with the family and having fun and laughter and for my children its special for them to have time with there parents,grandparents and great grandparent. 

Looking forward to Christmas as that's when the next cards night is likely to take place. I best start adding to the penny jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment