About Me

Saturday 15 November 2014

Things happen for a reason

Two posts in as many days. 

It's been a rather damp day in Suffolk this morning was spent watching my Son play football the hubby was ref. This afternoon was spent going for a walk and I took this lovely picture of the castle in our home town. 


Well as my post suggests I belive in everything happens for a reason. Most of you who read my blog will know I was bought up in foster care some people thinks it was because my family couldn't cope with me mainly because I was a naughty or delinquent. Very few really give it some thought and make judgements without knowing the facts for those who are wondering though it's not really relevant it was because my mum put me in dangerous and unsafe situations. Why am I bringing this up well it links to my post from yesterday in which I said I was going back to be a student and to study. Well why now? 

Why didn't I do it when I left school maybe you're thinking I didn't get the grades I was in care I must be stupid. (Though I'm sure most of you would never think like that) but that's the type of things I have come up against all my life. I had to fight to do A levels as when you hit 16 they really want you out of the system I fought hard and won I proved everyone wrong and gained very good A levels but this is where my dreams came stuck. I really wanted to be a PE teacher had a place secured at uni but no support as to getting there or where I would go in the holidays. Scared and confused I turned it down got a job well 3 in fact to survive. I don't regret anything that happened as I would never have met my husband and never would have had my two children. Yes I might have met someone else ect but that's not the point.  I still get comments from old school friends or acquaintances like I've done well considering or I never thought you would end up like you have. A bit patronising but I'm sure they mean well but I'm no diffrent to anyone else. ( we own our home my husband works hard so I can stay at home with the children ect)  So now I'm ready to embark on my dream and will work my way to be a teacher. Which I'm very excited about.

Apologies for the post and I hope I haven't offended anyone or you think I'm talking about my readers I'm not just people who I have come in contact in my life.

3 comments:

  1. I am so very glad that you will be able to fulfill your dream. I had somewhat the same background so understand entirely. No need for apologies, it is your blog after all.
    Cheers, Karen near Gympie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen. Once taken into care I had a great childhood/ teenage years and don't feel bitter about anything but I wish they would change things to give youngsters a chance now. 18 is quite young to be let out in the world with no knowledge of money management bill management or even basic living skills.

      Delete
  2. Hi there!
    You go for it -- you've nothing to lose. Sadly, it does seem that we must often commit ourselves to do things for free on the way to our dream -- but hey, that's how we learn and perfect our craft, though! We are able to use everything we have learned along the way...You need the right people around you right now...ignore the negative ones, or avoid! Step out, sister...blow your own trumpet, sing your own song -- never mind about anybody else! You can do this... :-)

    ReplyDelete